Don’t know about that. Think we might have a government health warning if the first three games are anything to go by.Storty wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:45 pm Is there a tougher fixture in sport than Roth away? They're pretty much unbeatable up there! I hope the prem let them in next season so they can humble the best up there!
Congrats to my friends at Roth. Taken to the Champ like a duck to water! Albeit a labrador jumped in the pond last week to unsettle things!
We may miss you in Nat 1 but glad you're thriving up there.
A general question to my Champ friends, what did you do to Scottish and Cambridge?! One win between them in 10 and Cambridge lost 100-0 today! Brutal.
A superb comeback win against Cov, by the way Cov didn’t throw it away Cov fans our pack blew you away in the second half going down the slope.
Today we were 28-14 up and were kicking down the slope 2nd half, but we had already lost Alfie early doors and lost a couple more through injury but Bedford really brought it to us in the second half and I still can’t believe they didn’t convert that at the end but it was a hell of a charge down though. Pirates fans might remember they did a similar thing at Clifton Lane about 10 years ago. They got a penalty try right at the end . This was in the days you had to convert even a penalty try. They missed the conversion to win the game and we won 28-27 or something like that.
The big difference, certainly in the Roth games is the speed and precision of the teams we played. Mistakes are punished. We are still getting used to the pace and got blown away by Worcester.
If you could ask every Titans fan I think they would be gobsmacked having played three games that we have 8 points, when you consider that two of the three are fully pro and Bedford are the best semi pro team around but then again they are a great club have a great DOR and brilliant supporters.
Please correct me if I am wrong about Bedford being part time as I am happy to be corrected if I got that wrong.
Our seasons in Nat 2 and Nat 1 were great years give me the possibility of conversing in our great games with like minded supporters like yourself Storty.
I had a call about an hour ago from a Plymouth Albion fan and was talking about our great clubs for nearly half an hour. He was rightly elated but in saying that I hope our Cambridge supporting friends are ok. It’s no joke. Great thing as we proved last week at Worcester, there’s always next week.
I will continue to look in on your league this season but it is impossible to cope with all the big scores so I won’t be continuing to post score updates as I don’t like making mistakes and I made a few again today.
Keep in touch my friend. Yes you lost today but that doesn’t take away from the solid start you have made.